Have you ever thought about owning a home on a beautiful island surrounded by water? If so, you might want to set your sights upon the exclusive island of Longboat Key. This breathtaking 12 mile stretch of land is characterized by beautiful beaches and privacy. Considering all that the island has to offer, it should come as no surprise to learn that many people from around the world are interested in learning more about owning a home on this beautiful slice of paradise.
It doesn't take long for visitors to the island to realize that there is a diverse selection of homes on Longboat Key. While there are still some older single family homes on the island, many have been torn down and replaced by larger, more ornate and luxurious homes.
Single Family Home Neighborhoods on Longboat Key
- Bay Isles – Single family homes ranging in size from 2,000 square feet to nearly 7,000 square feet as well as a private beach club, beautiful nature trails and a world-class marina.
- Conrad Beach – Waterfront neighborhood containing 27 single-family homes featuring wrap-around porches, open floor plans and energy saving features
- Country Club Shores – Classic waterfront community featuring single-family homes ranging from modest ranch style homes to extravagant mansions.
- Emerald Harbor – Located on the north end of Longboat Key with a series of canals that offer direct access to Sarasota Bay and Intracoastal Waterway leading out to the Gulf of Mexico.
- Lighthouse Point – Exclusive gated neighborhood on a peninsula surrounded by water, Located at the southern tip of the island with multi-million dollar properties.
- Longbeach Village – A thriving cultural and art scene community with most parcels sitting directly on the waterfront
Are you interested in a maintenance-free lifestyle? There are also a variety of condominiums lining the beach and bay from the south end all the way to the northern tip. Typical amenities include tennis courts, clubrooms, swimming pools and private beach access.
All residents of Longboat Key enjoy easy access to all that the island has to offer. Clearly, water-based activities are quite popular among those who live here. After all, the island is surrounded by beautiful waters to enjoy. Some of the most popular water-based activities include kayaking, water skiing, fishing, snorkeling, sailing, boating and shelling on the beach.
Of course, thanks to the proximity to downtown Sarasota, residents don't have far to travel in order to enjoy all of the exciting activities that the area has to offer. From restaurants to retail establishments, from cultural attractions to a variety of recreational activities, residents of Longboat Key have an abundance of opportunities for fun in the sun!