Sarasota Florida just made another list. This time Portfolio.com named the Sarasota Bradenton area as the number 1 place to retire in the United States.
Portfolio.com used a six point formula to rank the top retirement destinations. Results of the survey for Sarasota-Bradenton show that:
- Nearly 27 percent of its residents are 65 or older, the fourth-highest concentration of seniors in any market. That’s more than double the national average of 12.9 percent.
- Bradenton-Sarasota has a median age of 48.1. A median is a midpoint, with half of all residents being older and half being younger. The national median age is 36.8 years.
- Fully 95 percent of the seniors in Bradenton-Sarasota moved to Florida from another state. Only 53 percent of the elderly residents of a typical U.S. market were born out of state.
Other 2010 Sarasota Florida Accolades
- Barbara Corcoran named Sarasota the Best Place in the United States to Buy a Home Under $300,000.
- GlobalEdge named Sarasota as the Best Place to Buy Real Estate in the Western World.
- Siesta Key Beach was named the Second Best Beach in the United States by Dr Beach.
Residents of the Sarasota area already know the coastal assets available in Florida. We enjoy warm weather, sandy white beaches and excellent cultural and entertainment venues. Shopping, area restaurants, galleries and salons and spas of our area are tops too.
If you are one of the 3 million Americans who will reach retirement in the next year, perhaps you are one of the 1.4 million looking for a place to relax and enjoy your “golden years.” Sarasota real estate prices have adjusted and there is an outstanding choice of Sarasota homes for sale. Plan a visit soon and contact the John Allen Team at 941-544-6467 for a connection with one of our agents who specialize in our beautiful Paradise!